Upon arrival, store EmerAid in a cool, dry space, and refrigerate powder after opening. EmerAid has an 18-month shelf life from the time of production, and should be used within 9 months after opening.
Storage of an unopened container of EmerAid in the freezer can extend shelf life by up to a year. Taking EmerAid in and out of the freezer for normal use does not extend shelf life.
EmerAid has been scientifically designed for extremely high digestibility. Handle product carefully and avoid contamination, which can lead to bacterial overgrowth.
- Keep dry.
- Use a clean, dry scoop.
- Do not cross-contaminate with scoops used for non-EmerAid foods.
- EmerAid System for Exotic Animal Critical Care
- Luer lock or catheter tip syringe
- Cooking thermometer
- Feeding tube (stainless steel feeding needle or red rubber catheter)
- Mixing bowl or specimen cup
- Spoon or tongue depressor
- Mouth speculum (as needed)
How to Administer EmerAid
Basic Use Guide 682 KB PDF
Nutritional Support in Reptiles (LafeberVet article/video)
Syringe Feeding the Ferret
Syringe Feeding Herbivorous Small Mammals
Tube Feeding in Birds (LafeberVet article/video)