Emeraid products can be fed alone or in combination
The Emeraid System for Exotic Animal Critical Care addresses three main nutritional strategies with Emeraid Intensive Care (IC) Carnivore, Emeraid IC Omnivore, and Emeraid Herbivore Nutritional Solutions, which consists of Emeraid IC Herbivore and Emeraid Sustain Herbivore. By using these products singly or in combination, many different ill exotic animals can benefit nutritionally.
- Emeraid Herbivore Nutritional Solutions can be fed to rabbits, rodents like the guinea pig and chinchilla, and plant-eating reptiles, such as iguanas, all tortoises, and some turtles.
- Emeraid Intensive Care Omnivore can be fed to companion parrots, chickens, pigeons and doves, finches and canaries, as well as some lizards and small mammals like sugar gliders, squirrels, rats, and mice.
- Feed Emeraid Intensive Care Carnivore to carnivores and insectivores like ferrets, raptors, amphibians, snakes, and many lizards.
- Exotic Emeraid products can also be fed in combination to best meet the needs of special species that have varied diets, including box turtles, bearded dragons, chameleons, skinks, aquatic turtles, geese, many free-ranging songbirds, hedgehogs, as well as mice, rats, gerbils, and hamsters. For instance, Emeraid IC Omnivore and Emeraid IC Carnivore can be mixed for hedgehogs. To view additional combinations recommended for exotic animals, please view our Basic Use Guide.
Not sure what to feed your exotic animal patient? Or how to utilize Exotic Emeraid?
Please consult our Basic Use Guide.
True intensive care nutrition for exotic animal patients
Unlike many enteral feeding products that are merely recovery diets, the Emeraid Intensive Care line replenishes the patient’s depleted energy, fat, and protein stores. Emeraid Intensive Care Herbivore, Emeraid Carnivore, and Emeraid Omnivore all contain:
- High levels of glutamine and arginine for the debilitated patient
- Purified essential amino acids and hydrolyzed proteins
- Dietary nucleotides to provide DNA and RNA precursors
- A highly digestible blend of fats and simple carbohydrates for energy
- Balanced omega 3/6 polyunsaturated fatty acids
Therefore these intensive care products are indicated for:
- Debilitated, cachetic patients
- Individuals with reduced digestive capacity
- Highly stressed patients needing the minimal numbers of feedings
- Patients that require additional calories to maintain or gain weight