Emeraid products can be fed alone or in combination
The Emeraid System for Exotic Animal Critical Care addresses three main nutritional strategies with Emeraid Intensive Care (IC) Carnivore, Emeraid IC Omnivore, and Emeraid Herbivore Nutritional Solutions, which consists of Emeraid IC Herbivore and Emeraid Sustain Herbivore. By using these products singly or in combination, many different ill exotic animals can benefit nutritionally.
- Emeraid Herbivore Nutritional Solutions can be fed to rabbits, rodents like the guinea pig and chinchilla, and plant-eating reptiles, such as iguanas, all tortoises, and some turtles.
- Emeraid Intensive Care Omnivore can be fed to companion parrots, chickens, pigeons and doves, finches and canaries, as well as some lizards and small mammals like sugar gliders, squirrels, rats, and mice.
- Feed Emeraid Intensive Care Carnivore to carnivores and insectivores like ferrets, raptors, amphibians, snakes, and many lizards.
- Exotic Emeraid products can also be fed in combination to best meet the needs of special species that have varied diets, including box turtles, bearded dragons, chameleons, skinks, aquatic turtles, geese, many free-ranging songbirds, hedgehogs, as well as mice, rats, gerbils, and hamsters. For instance, Emeraid IC Omnivore and Emeraid IC Carnivore can be mixed for hedgehogs. To view additional combinations recommended for exotic animals, please view our Basic Use Guide.
Not sure what to feed your exotic animal patient? Or how to utilize Exotic Emeraid?
Please consult our Basic Use Guide.
True intensive care nutrition for exotic animal patients
Unlike many enteral feeding products that are merely recovery diets, the Emeraid Intensive Care line replenishes the patient’s depleted energy, fat, and protein stores. Emeraid Intensive Care Herbivore, Emeraid Carnivore, and Emeraid Omnivore all contain:
- High levels of glutamine and arginine for the debilitated patient
- Purified essential amino acids and hydrolyzed proteins
- Dietary nucleotides to provide DNA and RNA precursors
- A highly digestible blend of fats and simple carbohydrates for energy
- Balanced omega 3/6 polyunsaturated fatty acids
Therefore these intensive care products are indicated for:
- Debilitated, cachetic patients
- Individuals with reduced digestive capacity
- Highly stressed patients needing the minimal numbers of feedings
- Patients that require additional calories to maintain or gain weight
Emeraid Herbivore Nutritional Solutions are therapeutic diets designed to provide nutritional support to the herbivorous patient from critical illness to convalescence and recovery.
Emeraid Intensive Care Herbivore is a high fiber, semi-elemental diet designed to meet the needs of the critically ill herbivore. Like all Emeraid Intensive Care products, this product contains purified essential amino acids and hydrolyzed proteins for easy absorption and gentle digestion in the debilitated patient.
Emeraid Sustain Herbivore is high fiber, recovery nutrition for herbivores. Choose this therapeutic diet for underweight herbivores, patients recovering from critical illness, or those suffering from chronic medical conditions. Sustain Herbivore is also designed to transition the debilitated herbivore from intensive care nutrition to normal feeding. As a recovery diet, Emeraid Sustain Herbivore contains more whole nutrients than the intensive care line, however this therapeutic diet is also easily absorbed and highly digestible.
Compare Emeraid Sustain Herbivore and Emeraid Intensive Care Herbivore: Download the Emeraid Sustain Herbivore and Intensive Care Flier.