Emeraid products can be fed alone or in combination.
The Emeraid System for Exotic Animal Critical Care is divided into three main categories: Emeraid Carnivore, Emeraid Herbivore, and Emeraid Omnivore. By using these products singly or in combination, many different ill exotic animals can benefit nutritionally.
- Emeraid Herbivore can be fed to rabbits, rodents like the guinea pig and chinchilla, and herbivorous or plant-eating reptiles like green iguanas and tortoises.
- Emeraid Omnivore can be fed to companion parrots, chickens, pigeons and doves, finches and canaries, as well as some lizards and small mammals like sugar gliders, squirrels, rats, and mice.
- Feed Emeraid Carnivore to carnivores and insectivores like ferrets, raptors, amphibians, snakes, and many lizards.
- For example, Omnivore and Carnivore an be mixed for hedghehogs, and Omnivore and Herbivore can be mixed for tortoises. To view more combinations for exotic animals, please view our basic use guide
Exotic Emeraid products can also be fed in combination to best meet the needs of special species that have varied diets including box turtles, bearded dragons, chameleons, skinks, aquatic turtles, geese, many free-ranging songbirds, hedgehogs, as well as mice and rats, gerbils and hamsters. For example, Omnivore and Carnivore an be mixed for hedgehogs, and Omnivore and Herbivore can be mixed for tortoises.
Not sure what to feed your exotic animal patient? Or how to utilize Exotic Emeraid?
To view more combinations for exotic animals, please consult our Basic Use Guide.
The Emeraid System for Exotic Animal Exotic Critical Care is designed for intensive care.
Unlike many enteral feeding products that are merely recovery diets, the Emeraid line replenishes the patient’s depleted energy, fat, and protein stores.
Exotic Emeraid products contain:
- High levels of glutamine and arginine for the debilitated patient
- Purified essential amino acids and hydrolyzed proteins
- Dietary nucleotides to provide DNA and RNA precursors
- A highly digestible blend of fats and simple carbohydrates for energy
- Balanced omega 3/6 polyunsaturated fatty acids
Therefore Exotic Emeraid products are indicated for:
- Debilitated, cachetic patients
- Individuals with reduced digestive capacity
- Highly stressed patients needing the minimal numbers of feedings
- Patients that require additional calories to maintain or gain weight